Also, did you know that Cyberphile has a Facebook page? Feel free to swing by and get our new posts in your newsfeed.
Here’s the bottom line if you don’t have time to read the full review:
- Fun, “High Speed Robot Action”
- Good story and characters, minus 1
- Fun and varied missions/objectives
- Insufferable main character
- Combat is the same thing repeatedly with few unique enemies
- Story ends just as things are getting good.
Final Score: 8/10
Even though it has its flaws, I still really enjoyed Zone of the Enders. Maybe drop it to a 7 if you can’t handle the flaws. Not many games can deliver high-speed anime-style robot combat quite the same. I’m very excited to start on the Second Runner.