Also, did you know that Cyberphile has a Facebook page? Feel free to swing by and get our new posts in your newsfeed.
Here’s the bottom line if you don’t have time to read the full review:
- The best gunplay of the series.
- An interesting story.
- Great characters and interactions, especially the dialogue between the two main characters.
- New, interesting mechanics.
- Fantastic DLC.
- A number of steps back from the “BioShock formula” of gameplay and mechanics.
- A less interesting city than Rapture with no real reason to be in the sky.
Final Score: 8/10
Again, BioShock Infinite is by no means a bad game, it just doesn’t quite live up to the BioShock name the way previous installments did, in my opinion. Infinite is still a great game with and engaging story and characters, and ultimately, deserves a play.