Also, did you know that Cyberphile has a Facebook page? Feel free to swing by and get our new posts in your newsfeed.
Here’s the bottom line if you don’t have time to read the full review:
- Unique and effective camcorder mechanic.
- Mostly varied environments.
- The first half of the game.
- Enemies that stop being scary and start being annoying.
- Heavy reliance on jump scares.
- The last bit of the game just kind of runs out of steam and leaves you with a disappointing ending.
Final Score: 8/10
Outlast is by no means a bad game, again, especially the first half or so. It just kind of runs out of steam near the end, that’s all. If you’re a horror fan, definitely check it out, it’s still a really good game, it’s just flawed in ways that can’t make me put it up there with Amnesia or Silent Hill 2.