Also, did you know that Cyberphile has a Facebook page? Feel free to swing by and get our new posts in your newsfeed.
Here’s the bottom line if you don’t have time to read the full review:
- Fun, fresh, dungeon crawling action, especially with friends.
- Local and online multiplayer available for every activity.
- Fun and unique characters makes replaying fresh.
- Somewhat short story and repetitive content.
- Frustratingly unfair enemies, especially late-game.
- Less fun solo.
- Shared lives.
Final Score: 8/10
At any rate, Gauntlet is really fun and addicting when it’s not overwhelmingly frustrating. If you have some friends who can appreciate a good dungeon crawl, take them into the Gauntlet, and you’re surely have some great fun. Solo is still fun, but as is true with the arcade classic as well, Gauntlet is best played with buddies with a need for greed.