Check the About page for links to Cyberphile accounts on Twitch, Facebook, and YouTube!
Here’s the bottom line if you don’t have time to read the full review:
- Great atmosphere, story, and sound design.
- The variety of things you can do, like hacking, research, and modifying your weaponry.
- Gun play and gameplay in general is satisfying.
- Frustrating difficulty.
- A somewhat convoluted HUD.
- First time players are pretty much lost with stat building, and trying to build a balanced character (as opposed to a specialized character) will only lead to failure.
Final Score: 7/10
All that said, System Shock 2 is great at pulling you in with its interesting story and incredibly immersive atmosphere. The game is great too, but there are just so many problems and challenges that a first time player must face when giving it a go.