Check the About page for links to Cyberphile accounts on Twitch, Facebook, and YouTube!
Here’s the bottom line if you don’t have time to read the full review:
- More A Link to the Past style Zelda. Nothing wrong with that!
- Some neat ideas and enemy designs, especially with the inclusion of the jumping item.
- The new dungeon mechanics are a fresh and welcome change.
- A fun loving story and adventure.
- The weird imbalance of simple and cryptic.
- The use of other Nintendo characters… I don’t want to see Octaroks in a Mario game either.
Final Score: 9/10
Link’s Awakening is a great accomplishment and one of the best games on the Game Boy. If you like 2D LoZs, you need to play this one. You won’t be disappointed.