Check the About page for links to Cyberphile accounts on Twitch, Facebook, and YouTube!
Here’s the bottom line if you don’t have time to read the full review:
- Great story, world, and dialogue.
- Fantastic soundtrack.
- Brilliant, quirky, and unconventional, especially for its time.
- The constant need to grind, due to the imbalance of enemy difficulty.
- Clunky inventory management and menus.
- The lack of telling you what’s important, as far as PSI and key-items go.
Final Score: 8/10
Mother is not for everyone, for sure, but I personally love it. It’s more of a 9/10 for me, but if you’re gonna review games, you gotta be a critic. If you liked Earthbound, I think you’ll really enjoy Mother, as much of the story is told in the same way, through events, not so much through dialogue. Mother is about the adventure itself, and knowing that at the end of it all, you can go always home to your Mother, and everything will be alright.